Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Evander Holyfield Gets To Keep His Crib

Don't be worried about Evander Holyfield losing his humongous Fayette County, Georgia estate...
While while local newspapers reported that it was in danger of foreclosure, Evander quietly picked up two new 5 million mortgages to keep his property off the auction block. Evander says, "I'm not broke. I'm just not liquid. I do feel kind of sad because things have always been positive and now everybody wants to jump on me like I'm the worst person in the world and I went out and blew all my money." And that one baby mama who took him to court recently, claiming she wasn't being paid? She's lying according to Evander. "Never. I would never do something like that. That's been a consistency in my whole life. I have always taken care of my children. It's just one of the mothers who's saying something because she thinks it will embarrass me. I just have to roll with the punches in this situation." OK, that takes care of the estate forclosure and the errant baby mama, but what about the Utah consulting firm that filed a lawsuit against Evander two weeks ago for not repaying $550,000 he borrowed for landscaping?